Wednesday, October 19, 2005

A WALK IN THE BLACK FOREST

Chocolate covered gherkins have obviously caused a ruckus over the last week or so, so I thought I'd post something new to take your mind off things for a while. Here is a little something i tossed off recently in the Caribbean.

THE WINDOW

I sat in a chair
and faced the wall
the window i looked thru
was really quite small

I couldnt see much
I stared and I stared
my eyes went dry
and nobody cared

the wall was quite rough
like an old painters work
peeling and scuffed
like a bad day at work

the window was darkened,
no light came on through
the feeling of dread though
was not something new

shadows and darkeness
all skittered and skewed
behind the wall something
quite evil was brewed

the noises came quickly,
the noises mored fast
from all around me
each louder than the last

my eyes were awash with
fear and with dread
i wished i was safe at home
tucked up in bed

but no, i was here, on the
other side of my room
and facing the onslaught
of impending doom.

the monsters were coming
their claws and their fangs
all lined up like soldiers in
some teeth-shaped gang

i shivered and sneezed
and worked up a sweat
i wasnt quite sure what
the darkness would beget

oily and sliding they came
right from out of the night
the incandescent glow that
followed was stunningly bright

the intergalactic, transwarp tear
was enlarging with impossible speed
i throught about closing the window
but knew that in my pants i had just peed

clawing and tearing the
creatures did not cease
i struggled to keep a
scream from the beasts

they rent and they impaled
their bodies upon my room
blood seeped the floor
and i started to swoon

the stench and the motion
was making me sick
i knew i would have to
escape, and right quick

i slapped at the creature
that lunged towards me
and felt something soft
and ever so squidgy

the roar of the tear
was overpowering now
and i wanted, but i wanted
to throw in the towel

but something inside me
forced me to go on
and try and hard as i could
to make myself live

gravity was working
to marked effect
I was dragged like a moppet
with claws at my neck.

i reached the sill
with faculties intact
i had been bitten, beaten
and utterly smacked

then, like a fog, the
vision, it lifted.
i awoke, from my slumber
where I had drifted.

i looked across my room
from my bed, nice and warm
to the window of my dream
where the monsters swarmed

there was no more dark,
no oppressing velvet dank,
the monsters and creatures
of all size and rank

had buggered off back
to wherever they hence came
and left me with dark dreams
and thoughts just the same.

............

not the end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Fernby said...

no, why. do you think that may have contributed to my inordinately strange dream?

1:08 PM  
Blogger Green Lantern said...

Ooh! How very un-German this Black Forest is! And where was the cake? Mmm, cake.

But it was a very good poem. I enjoyed it very muchly, thank you.

3:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home