Sunday, July 17, 2005

And so, the end is near.....

Just thought I'd share my thoughts about Box leaving to go to China.

He's only going for five weeks before coming back for my wedding, and I feel like everyones making such a big deal of it before the actual event. All his friends are acting like he's falling off the bloody planet. To be honest, I dont think I've seen him this amped to be doing something different. And no, I dont think I'll miss him because i can always type out an email or send an SMS. Thats what technology is for: keeping in touch over vast distances. Its what separates us from the twelth centruy.

Pulled a double duty sound mixing shift at church tonight. Was a great show, except for some of the songs. The first song of the service was a cracker, with bounce and polish and it got the audience going. After that? Well, I dont think you could have tried any harder to put people to sleep if youd fed them sleeping pills and read them some War & Peace. Talk about dreary dull. As far as a youth service goes, three of the four songs on offer were sung in slo-motion.

Sounded good nonetheless.

Box leaves at 8:00am tomorrow. I will be at work by then, so I wont get to see him off, but I will see him in a month or so for the wedding.

Talked to Lisa tonight (she's in Melbourne with her family) and she's getting excited about the wedding (seven weeks & 5 days apparently) not that you can tell. I can't wait to have her back here where I can give her a big hug and a kiss. Hmmmmm. I think, on that note, that I will call it a night.

A Night.

Bye!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home