Monday, August 01, 2005

Movie Ramble

Have seen a fair few movies over the last few eeeks or so, many of them actually quite decent. Constantine last week was particularly good, and it was also good to revisit that much maligned classic, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0087182/, in the recently released 3 disc version. Good old fashioned sci-fi. One film I watched was Angelina Jolie-thriller Taking Lives, which was quite good, considering all the bad press I had read on it upon it's release theatrically. I suppose not everybody gets these types of films, and thats half the reason I enjoy talking about them. Other peoples different views on the same film tend to be slightly different. I saw Racing Stripes last night, a halfway decent Babe-styled animal gabfest, which was about as obvious as you can get, but enjoyable in a silly kind of way. I would understand women finding this film enjoyable more than a discerning bloke. Million Dollar Baby was a stunning success at the Renwick Street Cinema, and it was certainly worthy of the Best Picture Oscar it won at awards time. Well, thats about a wrap for movies for me at the moment. Looking forward to The Boondock Saints this week, and a week off next week as Lisa and I prepare for our wedding in six weeks. Its the only time I could schedule a meeting with the photographer, and so I had to take it..... Anyway, off to tea now. Have fun and remember: Movies - They are fantastic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home