Tuesday, November 15, 2005

MORTAL THOUGHTS

Hi all,

Yes, its been a while since I last blogged. Sue me for not providing continuous entertainment for you all.

Dad went into hospital last week for a triple bypass. Not something that happens to our family everyday, and something I hadn't really contemplated as being a problem for our family generally. The doctors say that he was about 6 weeks away from a heart attack. Pretty sobering stuff really, and it kind of makes you think about your own health once you see your father lying in a hospital bed with his chest torn open and sewed back up again.

"Sorry bout your heart packing up there mate, but lets just hack our way through your ribcage and root around a bit with everyting. That'll fix things up for you!"

It makes you realise how flimsy your health really is. I recently went into hospital for an operation to correct a personality disorder, kinda One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest style, and it made me think about my own mortality a little. Not that you can do a lot about it, ya know. When ya time comes, it comes in a hurry. I dont think there's a person on Earth who, for a split second or two, would really hate to die. No matter what faith or belief you have about where you are going once you buy the farm, there has to be that utterly human condition of "what if?" about death that sticks in your mind's eye at the last moment. The great chasm of death spreads itself open before you, and just before going "thank God I know I am going to heaven!" there would have to be a moment where you just look down and think "holy frig thats a long way to fall." Just for a moment. It would be inhuman not to think like that for a moment.

Well, Lisa and I are going shopping for a new fridge in the new year. Habs wants his fridge back.

Anybody know where we can get a great bargain on a new fridge?

Cheers for now.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

I got mine (well, my parents') from Savery's.

Glad to hear your dad is doing well.

BTW - I want to know what country you are going to take over.

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home