Thursday, October 27, 2005

Movie Night Conundrum

You know how you want something, but dont want to put in any effort, and then you dont want it; only to later regret not wanting it and then wanting it again?

Might take a bit of a think, but I bet you do.

For weeks and weeks, Movie Nights were a part of my life, in one form or another. Years passed and movies came and went under the auspicious gaze of the Pad Crew, that lucky bunch of people who got to watch the big films in absolute luxury! But I went and got myself married, and felt that I needed to take a break from weekly movie duty. I was getting jaded. Getting bored...

Well, after getting married and now beginning to settle into the home life with my wife, I began to miss the good old days of movie nights. So I asked my wife if it was okay to kick of movie nights again, albeit not on such a regular basis. She agreed and we went ageah and had one. Batman Begins. People arrived, fun was had, and a great movie was seen. And I realised that I missed the Movie nights more than I originally figured. Problem was, people had moved on, gotten on with their lives. I felt like the movie nights had lost their uniqueness whilst on hiatus.
Do I go back to a weekly format, or do I go with a monthly, bi-monthly format...? I can't decide. I want to go back to a weekly format, but I am worried that it will put added pressure on Lisa and I that we dont need in this early part of our married life. Am i worrying over nothing?

perhaps I need to reassess the movie nights.....

1 Comments:

Blogger Ang said...

not having been to the New Pad, and being absent from all events and life forms inhabiting our realm of Adl, Trin and Movie Nights, my thoughts are as follows:
The Pad and Movie Nights have been and, I believe, continue to be an important part of the said "realm". I can understand that you would miss the regular Wed night movie. However, it appears that The Pad is evolving, lives are changing, people are changing, and so on and so forth; life, as it tends to do, moves forward.
Thus, perhaps a bi-monthly Pad Nite might be called for. This, while not being overly demading on a newly wedded life, will have the frequency needed to maintain the Pad Crew's social traditions.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home